An assortment of turf grass, perennials, trees, and shrubs can all be successfully planted in the fall. Certain varieties can provide your yard and gardens with a blast of color as the fall months roll in.
- Friendly temperatures for plants and gardeners
- Soil still warm enough for rooting
- More spare time, unlike the busy spring season
- Garden centers offering deals to clear out inventory
- Enough rain to feed plants
- A decline in pests and diseases
- Good time for transplanting
- No need to fertilize
Note: This should all get done before the first hard frost hits.