Be patient give them a chance to get established before producing the edibles.
Water them, mulch them, fertilize them, repeat.
Each spring apply compost and organic fertilizer (do not over-do it though)
- Remove your pruners from the garage to use when the tree is dormant
- Remove the chance of spreading disease by sterilizing your pruners
- Remove dead branches
- Remove big branches to help shape
- Remove medium size branches to prevent overcrowding
- Remove twigs to keep things tidy
- Remove some fruit ('fruit thinning') to allow the remaining fruit to fatten up
- Remove things slowly, no more than 1/3 of the branches a year
Remove fallen fruit and leaves to avoid housing pests over the winter months